1. If you could only have one book with you, what would it be?
This is a tough one. One book. One book to get me through the hours,days, weeks, months (?!?) without a library, a bookstore, or even a Kindle. Yikes. Maybe The Swiss Family Robinson for inspiration. Or The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook. It might help me feel like I was slightly in control. Doubtful, but possible.
2. What one luxury item would you want to be stranded with?
A light, soft blanket. I have trouble sleeping without one, and it could pull double duty as a security blanket as well.
3. What is the one practical item you would want to have with you to use?
I'm torn between a knife and a toothbrush; Then again...toilet tissue seems like a must-have too... I guess I'd have to go with the knife.
4. Would you enjoy the solitude, even briefly, or would it drive you crazy?
I think I would enjoy the solitude. With the sounds of the waves, the breeze, and the palm leaves (not to mention the occasional curse word), it would be peaceful.
5. If you could be stranded with one other person, who would you want it to be?
My husband. He'd probably have some sort of Swiss Family Robinson style setup rigged in no time. (My job would be reading aloud from the novel with suggestions and staying out of his way.)
6. What modern technology would you miss the most?
Probably an air-conditioner. Unless it was comfortably balmy. Otherwise, a light.
7. What food or beverage would you miss the most?
8. How many days do you think you would cope without rescue?
Without my husband? One--maybe. At which point I'd be totally freaked. With him? Considerably longer. Maybe three.
9. What is the first thing you would do when rescued?
Probably hug my rescuers. My husband probably would too.
10. What would be your first Tweet or Facebook update upon your return?
Being stranded on a desert island is waaay more fun as a what if question than a reality.
Follow Alyssa Goodnight: